Wednesday 30 September 2009

True Blue.


Today I feel philosophical. Today I feel anxious. Today I feel, perhaps more than usual, that I hope this is true

Something unattainable is now within reach. I do not fear it but I am cautious.

The future has always seemed to me a planned path, a fixed destination. Of late this no longer appears true. It is exciting and liberating.
Yet also unnerving.
My firm held truths are being blown away as I step out from the shelter in which I have hitherto spent my life.
The breeze blows away my tangled cobwebs.
The breeze brings with it the freshness of change. As of Autumn. Or of Spring.
I seem to see a different person in the mirror every day.
I know I may not always feel like this.
Old habits die hard. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Yet I still have hope.
Consistency is the last refuge of the the unimaginative. I try hard to live by this.
I will let the breeze blow through me.
Change is unstoppable. Time waits for no man.

I know this is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment