Thursday 1 October 2009

Confessions of a Home Girl




One week ago:

Colleague1: We're all going for drinks next Friday for Bob's* leaving do. Are you coming?
Me in head: No
Me out loud: Sure why not.
Me in head: Damn. Oh well, plenty of time to think up an excuse.


One week later (i.e. now):

Colleague1: Still on for drinks tomorrow right?
Me in head: Buggerbuggerbugger
Me out loud: Oh, erm no, didn't I say? *clears throat* something's come up so 'fraid I can't.
Colleague2: Oh what's that?
Me out loud: *high pitched vioice* dinner. Yep dinner with... some... friends. Unavoidable I'm afraid.
Colleague1: Oh, how about next week?
Me out loud: Sure!
Me in head: DAMN!

OK, ok, I admit it I'm a homebody. I'm a girl whose heart is where the home is. There, I've said it. I live with my superlovelyfavegirl sister and though I love a great night out with my fab friends as much as the next girl, I would rather spend an evening at home with Sis and a good DVD than go out with people I'm not crazy about.

I find the people I get on best with are those with whom I don't have to pretend I had a Kerazeee night out on Saturday night then spent Sunday Massively hungover when in fact I spent Saturday night watching Lord of the Rings and Sunday playing badminton and gardening.


By the way I trust this goes no further than you guys, ok?

And if anyone asks, last Saturday was Wicked man, we got sooo drunk we were Wasted innit. Got that?

Phew.

Oh yeah, and if anyone knows of a good excuse then feel free pass it on.

Love,
your Home Girl
x


*Bob is not his real name. Names changed to protect identities.

No comments:

Post a Comment