Tuesday 15 September 2009

Glasses love.

My frequent forays onto public transport of late has led to me encountering some pretty ... well, diverse people.

One day I had a pleasant conversation with an old couple on the perils of sitting backwards whilst travelling (trains ok, buses never).

Another day I sat next to a girl who, when she opened her handbag, smelt like plasticine (not unpleasantly oddly enough).

Last week I brushed a mans crotch with my hand (it was Not like I was groping I'll have you know, and this was definitely not some kind of weird feely touchy bus.)

Oh and yesterday I stood too close for comfort next to a woman who smelt like rotten flowers. Don't know if she had been rolling about in them or whether you can actually buy perfume like that?

But I digress from the main purpose of my post. On Friday I sat opposite a remarkably pretty girl wearing these glasses. I can pretty much safely say I have never been in love with eye wear before (unless you count an affection for Harry Potter's optical aids), but now, now I want these glasses really REALLY bad. I do however get a sneaking suspicion I would look like the below picture rather than pretty train girl.


It was raining torentially yesterday. I think London looks even lovlier in the rain if that's possible. The grey sky is to me the best backdrop for this city and seems to increase the saturation of all the colours.

The sudden downpour also led to floury of cute umbrellas going up and a parade of enviable macs. One girl was wearing a Burbery mac - swoon!



Today I got given a peach, saw a man in a bowler hat and sat by a fountain for lunch. Good times.

Toodle-oo.
x

3 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    I came across your blog through your comment on An Apple a Day, and I really like it! I will add you to my bloglist.

    I only started my own blog about a week ago and would be very happy if you could visit.
    http://abeautifulhue.blogspot.com/

    By the way, regarding an earlier post of yours,
    I have also often asked myself whether it is possible to overdose on herbal tea, as I drink bathtubs of it every day!
    Marina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya, i found your blog the same way marina did! i like your blog, and i love your profile description! look forward to reading more.

    http://btigress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That burbery umbrella looks AMAZING. I want one. :D

    ReplyDelete