Wednesday 9 September 2009

The things I have seen.

I've been spending a lot of time on trains at the moment - most the time I feel like a piece of cattle penned in by towering businessmen in varying degrees of pinstripe. However, I have also had a delightful time gazing out of windows and dreaming of the English countryside

On Monday I saw a stormy iron grey sky turn the pale yellow of cut corn into an expanse of deep honey gold and the trees into a lush wall of emerald.

Yesterday I saw the sky turn the pale blue of duck eggs overhead whilst the horizon was the sharp yellow of lemons and the fresh tilled fields below like a swathe of soft brown velvet.





Edward Steichan's pictures go some way to explaining in picture form how the countryside makes me feel. He captures the world in a way I see in my head but know I could never get my camera to portray.

I so want to bathe in that pond don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment