Friday 9 October 2009

Ruler of my Heart.



Last night - As I walked to the train station after work (I know walking to and from work!) I spy police and police dogs looking in man holes. 'What the devil?' I think to myself as I skipped to the station.*

This morning - loads of police, police vans, cordens and TV crews because.......da da da daaa, the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William are all going to be just down the road from me today at St Pauls Cathedral! I am a sucker for the Royal family, getting ridiculously excited when they are in my vicinity. Sure they don't technically do much and today there will be chaos when they arrive including - huge crowds, check. Crazy traffic, double check. Tourist heaven, you betcha.

But frankly my dear I don't give a monkeys- it's the Queen.
I've practised my curtsey and everything.
Well, you never know when it might come in handy.
Plus I am convinced that some day I will be invited for tea at Buckingham Palace (I have no particular reasoning behind this assumption and have simply decided that this will happen.)



Both the above cushions are available at Etsy and the below
rather cool Tatler cover is to celebrate their 300th year.

Despite having the beginnings of a cold I feel in a pretty good mood today (this may have something to do with the face it's Friday of course) and am looking forward to the weekend even though I have no fixed plans (though I'm pretty sure it will involve shopping and sleeping which is a pretty good combination you gotta admit).
Currently bombarding said cold with vitamins, Actimel, thai chicken soup and exercise (hence the out of character exertion in walking to and from work) whilst firmly telling myself I am not unwell, I will not get a cold, I am the picture of health.
It's all about the willpower right?
Promise that this weekend I will try to upload some of my photos which will hopefuly appear on here next week.
Have a good Friday and a lovely weekend my chickadees.
x

p.s. after publishing this post on here, discovered that by coincidence yesterday was in fact National Poetry day!
* in place of 'skipped' read power walk with appropriate speed face.

No comments:

Post a Comment