Friday 13 November 2009

Just Say...


OK,

Good things which have happened to me today:

+ Got a seat on the train this morning
+ Got a free Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks
+ Ate a yummy cheese, ham and tomato croissant from Pret a Manger
+ Finally got round to ordering a new camera off Ebuyer
+ My plum coloured corduroy trousers (that's right, plum corduroy) from Uniqlo have been dispatched
+ I got paid
+ Was sold some delicious carrot cake by a man dressed as Robin Hood
+ Have a really good weekend planned involving shopping with my sister, lunch with one of my dearest friends and new episode of Doctor Who on Sunday evening.

Bad things that have happened to me today:

- Supposed to be going to something this evening which I don't want to but am too much of a wimp to get out of.

It seems ridiculous to me that all the positives can be cancelled out by One Negative (which I should have said no too when it first came up but didn't because I was a WIMP. Do you see a pattern emerging here?)

Silly silly silly silly me.

I make myself so mad sometimes because I can't say no to people. I just care too much what they think of me, even if I don't like them.
Does this A) make me a good person because I don't want to create disputes or offend others?
Or
Does this B) make me an idiot for not thinking about what I want?
Will I ever learn? Is this something that comes with age?
I jolly well hope so.
I shall let you know how it goes.
Have a stupendous weekend readers of mine.
x
Picture via WeHeartIt

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I did the exact same thing earlier this week and just agreed to something because I was worried what other people would think of me if I didn't as I knew I would end up having to lie rather than tell the truth! Glad to hear there is another silly creature out there a little like me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate having to lie as well but something in me cannot just say I don't want to do something! Well I too take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one who can't say no!!
    Thanks for the comment.
    x

    ReplyDelete