Thursday 4 February 2010

Food Glorious Food.


Beetroot is to me a much under used vegetable and as such I was very pleased to see when I opened up the latest edition of Easy Living Magazine an article on new things to do with Beetroot, some of which I put below for your delectation:
  1. Toss boiled beetroot wedges (slip off the skins after cooking) in herb butter or with butter and shave Parmesan, and serve as a vegetable accompaniment.
  2. Roasted beetroot is a fantastic addition to a Sunday Roast. The simplest way is to trim the tops (no need to peel) and then boil them in plenty of salted water for about 20 minutes, or until tender, then drain, cool and slip off the skins. Halve or quarter them and then roast with a drizzle of olive oil and some thyme for about 30 minutes (while your roast meat is resting).
  3. Cooked beetroot wedges taste lovely in a salad with cheese such as feta or goat's cheese.
Speaking of cheese, as a confirmed Cheeseaholic I was delighted to see a post on Cheese on A Cup Of Jo today.

Anyone else feeling peckish?
Now where did I put that beetroot?
x

First image taken by me, second image found here
Tips taken from article by David Herbert in the March 2010 issue of Easy Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment