Thursday 3 December 2009

How To.

Image from Isaahunny flikr

I would like to apologise for my lack of posting this week. I fully intended to post every day this week to make up for my possible non-blogging next week however, what with my 50minute train journey home taking two hours on Tuesday (all of which I had to stand, grrr), finding out my job ends tomorrow so looking for a new one, contacting recruitment agencies and trying to organise references and me FALLING OVER at the train station yesterday morning (it was an impressive full dive to the ground), I have been a leeettle busy this week.
Here are a few things which I have come across this week which I would like to share with you.


Step 1:Smile. Smile even if life isn’t good,
smile because life can be good. Smile because
of the possibilities and everything that’s going to be.

Step 2:Find a way to destroy whatever (not whoever)
destroys you. No matter how long it takes.
No matter how hard it is. Make it go away.

Step 3:Get yourself a passion.
Something (not someone), a hobby you can live for.

Step 4:Love yourself. I know it’s hard,
but you have to find a way, or you will never
know how good life can be.

Step 5:Stop thinking. What others think is not relevant,
if it makes you unhappy. Enjoy.
Concentrate on what you’re doing.
Decide by feeling: If you feel like something’s
the right thing to do, just do it.

How to get the perfect messy-chic parisienne bun here.

Found via a new fave blog called A Cup of Jo.

How Do I Love Thee?


by Elizabeth Barrett Browning


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and Ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Hope to be on here again soon, until then - Toodlepip!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment