Tuesday 25 August 2009

New Kid on the Block

This is my first ever blog.

I feel a little like a new kid on their first day of a new school. I'm standing at the front of the class as the teacher introduces me. Fiddling with the buttonholes on the cardigan I'm wearing, I peep out from underneath my too long fringe and blush dreadfully (as I blush at most things), looking embarrassed and a little defiant.

Before a couple of weeks ago I had never even read a blog but after coming across a list of recommended ones in an old magazine I decided to check some out. I felt so inspired by some that I read I decided to write one of my own.

I don't suppose anyone but my lovely sister and brother and perhaps a few faithful friends will read it but if you do then I am truly flattered (and probably blushing again).

I'm still not sure whether this will be a stroll through the ramblings of my thoughts or whether a theme may emerge (knowing me, probably the former). Hopefully you will enjoy what I have to offer and it will make you smile, even just a little. If you want to make a comment or simply say howdee then that would be just peachy.

Maybe we could be friends? Could I sit with you at lunch?
I sure hope so.
Pip pip for now.
Humble Magnificent.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for starting a blog! The first few posts are always the most difficult - and then the floodgates start to open and you find your voice. I look forward to reading more. xoxo, P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!
    Thank yooou for your message!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just stumbled across your blog and thought it was fun to read. I just started blogging recently as well and maybe you would like to check it out: http://tessiehickey.blogspot.com/

    From one new kid to another, I know exactly how you feel about putting your blog out there!

    ReplyDelete